Senior UC Engineer, IT team
Ramboll are currently seeking a Senior Unified Communications Engineer who will support the IO Communications team in our London office.
Reporting to the Team Lead, the successful candidate will have operational responsibility for the Unified Communications platforms globally. Coordinating tasks across teams and geographical locations globally, we are looking for someone who can establish and meet/exceed service level commitments as defined with IT management.
- Helps to plan, develop and maintain the overall Communication devices, tools, systems and services to the agreed level.
- Ensures support for new and changing technology.
- Provides technical direction to staff and peers.
- Ensures that technical and process architectures are designed and operates to support business requirements.
- Provide third level problem resolution support as necessary to achieve or exceed voice/video network and system service level commitments. In addition, provide limited second tier technical support that may require periodic out of hours assistance.
- Assist in the production of webcast / video streaming and video conference global meetings, cultural events and training seminars.
- Build and maintain relationships with global and virtual teams and third parties on deployment or support issues.
- Provide technical consultancy to operations, engineering team members and end users to ensure problem resolution is achieved in the shortest possible timeframe.
- Contribute in weekly team meetings and project related meetings.
Skills and Experience:
- Knowledge and administration of backend Video Conferencing platforms. (Cisco.TMS,VCS,Pexip and Webex)
- Knowledge and administration of services/applications in a cloud based environment
- High level of competence in the following: Cisco VOIP (CUCM), Cisco video bridging infrastructure, and Cisco TelePresence and Microsoft Lync/Skype for Business
- Full understanding of network protocols within the TCP suite
- Knowledge of SIP and H323 protocols
- Knowledge of Voice Recording technologies and their support and operation
- A understanding of basic routing/switching/QOS, firewalls and its potential impact on voice, video and web streaming network environments
- Self-motivated, outgoing personality and comfortable working within a busy team. Experience working with 3rd party suppliers
- Ability to assist developing and present a business case to support the infusion of new technologies and automation to improve infrastructure performance
- Excellence in preparing and delivering written and oral communications to achieve stated objectives
- Ability to identify and sequence actions to achieve goals while mitigating possible risks
Education & Professional Qualifications:
- Educated within computer science.
- The ideal candidate will have a strong background in Video Conferencing and AV support, up to 3rd line, specifically within Cisco and Skype for Business
- Any of the following qualifications would be highly advantageous: CCNA Video Telepresence CCNA Video Network
- 5 years of communications systems management
What we offer
- Competitive salary and benefits package including 25 days holidays, private medical insurance, life assurance and group income protection. In addition, we offer a comprehensive flexible benefits package including childcare vouchers, gym membership, dental insurance, cycle to work scheme, travel insurance, discounts in a vast range of restaurants and shops and many more!
- Excellent career growth and development opportunities
- Be part of a dynamic, expanding team within the UK
- A vibrant and inspiring culture, based on innovation and flexibility
You must have eligibility to work in the UK.
Ramboll is an equal opportunity employer.