Ramboll is a leading engineering, design and consultancy company constantly striving to achieve inspiring and exacting solutions that make a genuine difference to our customers, end-users and society as a whole. We acknowledge that our solutions depend on the creativity, insight and integrity of our employees. Therefore, we empower the people within our organization, welcome their individual differences and enable them to work in multi-talented teams to produce inspired solutions.
A key component of our business model is utilizing cutting edge geospatial and environmental data visualization techniques to convey complex data analyses to our clients, the public, and the regulatory community.
We are seeking candidates for an entry-level or early-career geographic information systems analyst position in our Irvine office. Primary duties of this position will include assisting senior staff and clients of the firm with geospatial data management, map production, spatial analyses, and data visualization using ArcGIS, and other geospatial or modeling software. Additional duties will also include database management support and data analysis.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Geospatial data management and manipulation
- Geospatial analysis, modeling, and task automation
- Visualization of sediment, surface, ground water, and other environmental data
- Raster data processing
- Map layout and design
- Data collection and compilation
- Database management
- Geospatial analysis, modeling, map production using ESRI tools
- Relational database management techniques
- Ability to use Python and ArcPy modules to automate tasks
- Demonstrated problem-solving ability and strong analytical skills
- Critical thinking
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills
- Data management using spreadsheets and databases (Excel and Access)
- Ability to work both independently and part of a team
- BS in Geography, Geographic Information Systems, Geology, Engineering, Ecology, or related field
- A Masters degree is preferred
- 0-3 years of relevant experience
- Experience with ESRI ArcGIS (Desktop, Online) and companion extensions
- Experience with MS Excel and Access
- Experience with Python scripting using ArcPy modules to automate tasks [experience using other Python packages (e.g. pandas, numpy, etc.) is a plus]
- Experience with data visualization and map production
- Experience with geospatial data management
- Experience with GPS/GIS data collection and compilation
- Experience with AutoCAD is a plus
Ramboll is an equal opportunity employer of minorities, females, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
Arbeitsort Irvine, CA